Set in the picturesque foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountain
s near the friendly town of Luray
, Virginia, this region features the Luray International
race on Saturday, August 15th and the Luray Sprint
on Sunday, August 16th in 2015 with a special award for individual athletes who complete both races in the same weekend – the “Devil’s Double” award. In 2014,67 athletes earned this special award.
Both races take place at Lake Arrowhead Park, a 134-acre recreation area located 4 miles outside the Luray town limits. Built in the early 1970’s, the park has a 34-acre lake with fishing, boating, hiking and a white sand beach for swimming making Lake Arrowhead an ideal place for a triathlon!
If you want a chance to practice on the actual race course under guidance of our expert staff of coaches, be sure to check out the Pre-race Clinic on July 25, 2014.
Included with your athlete registration fee:
- Finisher’s medal and bragging rights!
- Technical t-shirt
- Luray Triathlon water bottle
- Timing chip results for swim, bike, run and both transitions
- Results kiosk with instant results
- Food and drinks plus live music on race day
- Hammer Nutrition product samples
- Eligibility for top 3 awards in your age group or special categories like Military, Clydesdale, Athena and Luray Local
- Finisher’s medal
- Points toward your rankings with USA Triathlon
- Unique “Devil’s Double” award for any athlete who successfully completes both races as an individual on race weekend.