Welcome to the Luray Triathlon!
New for 2014 is a $5,000 cash prize purse ($2,500 each race) that is open to both elite and amateur athletes.
Both races take place at Lake Arrowhead Park, a 134-acre recreation area located 4 miles outside the Luray town limits. Built in the early 1970′s, the park has a 34-acre lake with fishing, boating, hiking and a white sand beach for swimming making Lake Arrowhead an ideal place for a triathlon!
If you want a chance to practice on the actual race course under guidance of our expert staff of coaches, be sure to check out the Pre-race Clinic on August 9, 2014.
Online registration for Luray Triathlon will close on Thursday, August 14 at 12 PM. Once online registration closes, you can still register in person at each race’s packet pickup times for that race. Please see the Weekend Schedule for packet pickup times and locations.
Included with your athlete registration fee:
- Finisher’s medal and bragging rights!
- Technical t-shirt
- Luray Triathlon race bag and water bottle
- Timing chip results for swim, bike, run and both transitions
- Food and drinks plus live music on race day
- Hammer Nutrition product samples
- Eligibility for top 3 awards in your age group or special categories like Military, Clydesdale, Athena and Luray Local
- Finisher’s medal
- Points toward your rankings with USA Triathlon
- Unique, hand-engraved “Devil’s Double” award sponsored by Devils Backbone Brewing Company for any athlete who successfully completes both races as an individual on race weekend.