Schedule of Events:
|8:00-8:30 AM||Check in and welcome at park shelter
|8:30-9:00 AM||Open water swim discussion at shelter
|9:00-10:30 AM||Open water swim practice in the lake
|10:30-11:00 AM||Transition overview and clinic at shelter
- Price is $30 through July 17th*
- Price is $35 beginning July 18th*
* Because this is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event, there is a +$15 fee if you are not a USAT member for USAT 1-day license.
- For those who just want a practice swim and skip the clinic, price is $15 online registration or $20 at the venue.
- Please register using the SWIM ONLY REGISTRATION button below
- No USAT Fee Needed if you are only doing the practice swim
- Please register online, but money will be collected for this at the venue.
What to Bring: Swimming gear, towel, goggles. Water temperature expected to be in mid 70’s to low 80’s. Wetsuits are permitted.
: Racine MultiSports has a NO REFUND policy. However, we do offer discount codes for those canceling during our cancellation period.
A discount code for 100% of your race registration fee will be offered until 14 days prior to the race date. No discounts codes will be given within 14 days before the event, if the event is not sold out.
Discount codes can be used to register for another Racine MultiSports event and will be valid for 12 months after the event date.
About Coach Dominic:
Coach Dominic Latella is the only US Masters Swimming (USMS) Level 4 (the highest certification available) certified coach in VA. He is an instructor for USMS Certifications and the USMS Adult Learn to Swim program. He is the owner and lead instructor of SwimBox, where they specialize in swim lessons for people of all ages and levels. And he has been appointed twice – the maximum amount – as the lead coach for USMS High Performance Camp. Coach Latella also works with the swimming rehabilitation and adaptive swimming programs at Bethesda Naval Hospital for the Wounded Warriors.
Coach Latella’s philosophy focuses on the execution of proper swimming technique to achieve improved efficiency and prevent injury. This way of coaching allows swimmers to not only reach personal bests, but do so in a way that allows their body to keep up their love of swimming for a lifetime. Fewer injuries and happy swimmers are Coach Latella’s favorite things to see.
Special Thanks: A very special thanks to the Town of Luray for allowing us to conduct this event at Lake Arrowhead.