January 2015 Newsletter
Have you heard? The Luray Sprint Triathlon is now the 2015 USAT Mid-Atlantic Regional Short Course Championship!
We are honored to receive this designation from USAT.
So what does this mean?
• USAT elects races in each region to be the championship race for specific distances and types. Only top races are selected!
• USAT contributes special awards for top winners and age group winners, which will be in addition to the Luray Triathlon awards.
• There is no qualification needed to enter the Luray Sprint Triathlon USAT Championship…everyone can enter.
• Placing top 10% in each age group does qualify you to participate in the 2016 Sprint Nationals.
• Added excitement and energy due to the prestige of the Championship designation.
Checkout the USAT Mid-Atlantic page http://www.usatriathlon.org/regions/mid-atlantic/contents.aspx
Race Expected to Sell Out Quickly
We are experiencing higher registration rates than usual. There is always a lot
of excitement for the Luray Triathlons. With the announcement of the Sprint USAT Championship we are expecting the race to sell out. Please help us spread the word.
Luray Pre-Race Swim Clinic Date
The Swim Clinic is scheduled for Saturday, July 25th! Registration is planned to open by March 1.
We will announce once registration is open. The Clinic will feature:
• A professionally organized experience
• Class time and open water practice time
• Lifeguard supported swim time
• Stress free – noncompetitive environment
• Overview of Triathlon
• Q&A with the Race Director
See more here https://luraytriathlon.com/event-information/practice-clinics/
Don’t miss out on extra savings! We offer team discounts on race entries. Please check with your team captains to find out if your team is setup for 2015.
Many teams have already secured their discounts. We will also add your team logo and website or social media page link to our Clubs and Teams page on our website. https://luraytriathlon.com/clubs-teams/ Please have a representative from your team contact us if you have not secured your team discount: Ken@LurayTriathlon.com