Set in the picturesque foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the friendly town of Luray, Virginia, this region features the Luray International race on Saturday, August 18th and the Luray Sprint on Sunday, August 19th in 2018 with a special award for individual athletes who complete both races in the same weekend – the “Hawksbill Double” award. In 2017, 73 athletes earned this special award.
Both races take place at Lake Arrowhead Park, a 134-acre recreation area located 4 miles outside the Luray town limits. Built in the early 1970’s, the park has a 34-acre lake with fishing, boating, hiking and a white sand beach for swimming making Lake Arrowhead an ideal place for a triathlon!
If you want a chance to practice on the actual race course under guidance of our expert staff of coaches, there will be a Pre-Race Swim Clinic (more info will be posted as it is made available).
Included with your athlete registration fee:
- Included with the price of your athlete registration fee:
- Finisher’s medal and bragging rights!
- Tri-blend race t-shirt
- Luray Triathlon water bottle
- Finisher logoed ice-towel
- Timing chip results for swim, bike, run and both transitions
- Results kiosk with instant results
- Food and drinks plus music on race day
- Hammer Nutrition product samples
- Eligibility for top 3 awards in your age group or special categories like Military, Clydesdale, and Athena
- Points toward your rankings with USA Triathlon
- Unique “Hawksbill Double” award for any athlete who successfully completes both races as an individual on race weekend.